Terms and Conditions
Once a booking has been confirmed VERBALLY, ELECTRONICALLY or in WRITING, the details will be subject to a legally binding contract consisting of the Booking Contract and our Terms and Conditions. Therefore, the completion of the Booking Contract confirms the details of the booking and does not in itself secure the engagement as this has already occurred. Consequently, non-return or non-completion of the Booking Contract does not terminate the agreement.
If you have given us your event date, location, defined your required services and we have agreed a fee, as soon as you advise us VERBALLY, ELECTRONICALLY or IN WRITING that you wish to book us, you have a booking. We will immediately allocate the date to you and begin turning down any subsequent offers of work. At the time you advise us of your instruction to book we will issue you with a booking contract and your booking terms and conditions. You will have 48 hours in which to review your booking contract, and terms and conditions, during which time you may query any aspect or cancel the booking without penalty.
If you do not return to us within 48 hours we will make ourselves available to other subsequent offers of work, which we reserve the right to accept without notice, although we will make all reasonable attempts to advise you.
If you do not cancel your booking in the initial 48 hour period following the delivery of your contract, your booking will remain active and subject to cancellation fees should you decide to cancel later on.
By booking us, you are entering into a binding contract for the supply of live music, and other agreed services, by TP GOLD on a particular date and time for an agreed fee.
See fees structure: TP GOLD’s Fees Structure
These terms and conditions are intended to be reasonable and appropriate to a booking. You agree that the following terms and conditions shall govern that contract, that these shall take precedence over any other terms and conditions and, French/English Law shall govern their interpretation. The terms and conditions outlined below apply to all engagements.
CANCELLATION BY YOU
If you book us and subsequently cancel, you owe us the agreed fee or part thereof as shown below (optionally waived at our sole discretion) and in addition to any previously paid deposits:
- Where cancellation is made within 48 hours of VERBAL, ELECTRONIC OR WRITTEN confirmation no cancellation fee is applicable.
- Where cancellation is made after 48 hours of VERBAL, ELECTRONIC OR WRITTEN confirmation within 90 days or more from the event 50% of the booking fee is applicable. However, should the event be over 12 months away, cancellation shall only incur the loss of the booking deposit and no additional fees will be due as 12 months is deemed a suitable amount of time to find an alternate booking.
- Where cancellation occurs within 90 days and up to 61 days of the event 75% of the booking fee will be applicable.
- Where cancellation occurs within 60 days of the event, 100% of the booking fee will be applicable.
- If you ask us to stop playing because you decide it is not what you, the venue or any other party want, you owe us the agreed fee.
You agree to request any cancellation in writing to TP GOLD e-mail address and that only we can confirm cancellation of your booking. We will provide this in writing via email.
CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right to cancel for any reason though normally that will only occur because of circumstances beyond our control (e.g., illness, incapacity, breakdown of equipment or transportation or, extreme weather conditions). You agree that, if we cancel, we will not be liable for any cancellation fees or your losses. If this occurs, we will give you as much notice as possible and will try to help you with booking an alternative band, artist, if you wish.
LICENSES, INSURANCE & CERTIFICATES
You agree that you have the necessary licenses, insurance and certificates for us to perform including but not limited to:
- An up-to-date fire certificate for the venue;
- A premises, personal or event license permitting our live performance;
- Performing rights licence;
- Public performance licence;
- Public liability insurance;
- Employer’s liability insurance.
It is the responsibility of each musician to hold appropriate public or personal liability insurance.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure the venue is safe for us, your clients, management and staff and, to notify us of safety procedures applicable at the venue on or before our arrival. You also agree to provide the following:
- Suitably earthed single phase electricity supplies that will not endanger our safety or damage our equipment and, incorporate RCD’s (residual current devices) that have been subject to regular safety inspections as required by law.
- A double or two single sockets nearby are required plus a socket on a separate ring for lighting (where appropriate);
- A safe place for the transportation, setting up and operation of the equipment including, but not limited to, a stage or floor space that is flat, non-slip, free from dirt, debris and liquids and capable of safely supporting us and our equipment and, clear access to the stage or floor space from outside the venue;
- Safe equipment provided by you at the venue (where applicable) including, but not limited to, fireproof stage curtains, lighting and lighting stands or gantries and, PA amplification that is connected to a supply that is protected by an RCD (residual current device).
DEPOSIT & UP-FRONT EXPENSES
For private performances we require a proportion of the agreed fee in advance, currently 10-20% depending on the overall value of the event. Your booking deposit is non-refundable but once paid will secure the performance date as discussed and agreed. We will deduct this and any other prepaid deposits or fees from the final invoice.
ACCESS TO VENUE
We require at least 60 to 90 minutes to set up prior to the performance and to at least 60 minutes to pack up after the performance. You agree to inform us if the playing space is not located on the ground floor or special access is required to allow us a longer set up/break down period for our equipment. Discovery of access complications, such as non-ground level located performance areas or restricted access times, following the confirmation of your booking may result in additional fees being charged.
FOOD AND DRINK
When we are booked for events we are often away from home more than 7-8 hrs spent at your venue. This is a long time, so we ask you to provide a hot meal for the artists, either immediately after we have set up our equipment or during the interval. If you’re having a buffet, it’s fine to offer this to the band as well as your guests, but make sure there is enough time for the band to queue before eating. If your venue can’t provide a meal for the band, there will be a meal subsidy of €20 per artist so that we can buy food elsewhere. The band should also be provided with water and soft drinks while we are at your venue, within reason. You may provide alcoholic drinks for the band at your discretion.
You agree that it is your responsibility to advertise the performance and that we have no responsibility to advertise.
However, we normally publicise our performances on our website from the date they are booked and thereafter on listings and social networking websites.
You agree that you will fully indemnify us for damage, loss or confiscation of our equipment or instruments on your premises resulting from any act or omission on your part or, failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
All booking enquiries made via our website are subject to these terms and conditions, by making the enquiry you agree to them. Clients enquiring by any other method than this website will be advised verbally and via email. Requesting a quote from !daft! requires your acceptance of these terms and conditions unless you state otherwise at the time of the enquiry. Any discussions or negotiation of these terms and conditions will only be accepted when made in writing to TP GOLD: email@example.com